15 days on a bike trip in the mountains changes your outlook on life. Some simple lessons I learned:
- The point is to travel - not to arrive somewhere - and not to blow money (motto of our trip, modified from a quote by Garry Singh, a retired army officer we met in Chandigarh)
- Maintain pace proportional to capacity
- Stop often to look around, or you may miss the best parts of the journey
- When faced with a bad patch, move on with a clear intention of getting through
- Obstacles can come from any direction e.g. falling rocks!
- Everyone can have a bad day - and may need support to get through